The course will be taught in English whilst preserving the Arabic terminology for the rules. Pronunciation and the quality of retaining information will be facilitated and encouraged through practice and participation of the whole class. Therefore, to maximize the achievable benefit, the class size will be restricted to 10.
1. Chapter One: The Stop الْوَقْ فُ
a. Introduction مَُدْخَلُ
b. Divisions of the stop أَقْسَام اُلْوَقَ فُ
c. The Optional Stop الْوَقَ فُ اُلاخْت يَا ريُُ
d. The complete stopالْوَقَ ف اُلتَّا مُ
e. The sufficient stopالْوَقَ ف اُلْكَا فُُِ
f. The good stop الْوَقَ ف اُلَُْسَ نُ
g. The repulsive stopالْوَقَ ف اُلقَب يحُُ
h. Stop signsعَلامَا ت اُلْوَقَ فُُ
2. Chapter Two: The Start الابْت دَاء
a. The Allowed Startالابْت دَاء اُلَْْائ زُ
b. The complete start الابْت دَاء اُلتَّا مُ
c. The sufficient startالابْت دَاء اُلْكَا فُِ
d. The Start that is Not Allowed الابْت دَاء غَُ يْ اُلَْْائ زُُ
3. Chapter Three: The Cut off الْقْطْ عُ
4. Chapter Four: The Breathless Pause السَّكْ تُ
5. Chapter Five: Stopping on the Ends of Words الْوَُقَ ف عَُلَى أَُوَاخَ ر اُلْكَل مُ
a. Stopping on the end of words with a strong endingالصَّ حي حُ الآخرُُ
b. Stopping with الرُّو م
c. Stopping with الاشْْامُ
d. Stopping with a pure sukoon بالسُّ كون اُلْمَحُْ ضُ
e. Stopping on the female هَاء اُلتَّأْن ي ثُ
f. Stopping on the pronoun or possessive هَاء اُلضَّ م يُْ
g. Stopping with deletion بالَْذْ فُ
h. Stopping with substitution بالإبْدَا لُُ
i. The Stealing الإخْت لا سُ
j. Stopping on the ends of words with a weak endingالْ معْتَل الآ خرُُ
6. Chapter Six: The Joined and Separated الْمَقْط وع وُالْمَوْ صول
7. Chapter Seven: The Female ha هاء اُلتَّأنيث
8. Chapter Eight: Special words for Hafs ‘an ‘Assim by the way of Ash-Shaatibiyyah
9. Chapter Nine: The Writing of the Noble Qur’an
• In the second part of this level, students will be reciting from Surah al-Baqarah, to practice and apply all the Tajweed rules, which they have been taught.
Furthermore, students are required to have memorized Juz’ Amma (chapter 30) or most of it before joining the course.
The teacher will also use supplementary hand-outs as well as audio tools to demonstrate levels of recitation and correct application of the rules discussed. Students are also encouraged to bring and use one Mus-haf which they are familiar with, as this will aid them with retention of the rules as well as memorisation of the Qur’an.
1. Recitation of the Holy Qur’an. Tajweed I
(By Madiha Makki)
2. A course in IIm Al-Tajweed. (The Science of Reciting the Qur’an)
(By Dr Muhammad Ibrahim H I Surty)
3. A brief introduction to Tajweed
(By Umm Muhammed)
Students can purchase the above from SAIS if they wish. These references are also available in the class for use by teachers and students.
No Reviews found for this course.